The NSC Alliance, Network Integrated Biocollections Alliance Research Coordination Network and iDigBio have joined together to plan a plenary program that will kick off the 2015 annual meeting of the Society for the Preservation of Natural History Collections.
The program will begin at 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, May 19, 2015.
Need to join us remotely? Log in on Tue (8 AM EDT) to listen: http://idigbio.adobeconnect.com/spnhc2015 (please use headphones for best experience)
The program includes:
8:30: In Defense of Specimen Collecting, Natural History Collections, and Bioethics
Larry M. Page, Director, iDigBio, Florida Museum of Natural History, University of Florida
9:00: Evidence of Evolution: Darwin's Cabinet of Curiosities
Susan Middleton, Research Associate, California Academy of Sciences, San Francisco
9:30: Endless Forms, Most Useful
Erin Tripp, Curator of Botany, Museum of Natural History, and
Department of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology, University of Colorado
10:30: WeDigBio—Public Participation in Digitization of Natural History Collections Hits its Stride
Austin Mast, Associate Professor, Department of Biological Science, Florida State University
11:00: Time to Grow a Pair: Institutional Leadership, Taxonomy and Natural History
Quentin Wheeler, President, College of Environmental Science and Forestry, State University of New York
11:30: Building a Networked National Community for Collections
Robert Gropp, Interim Co-Executive Director, AIBS, and Public Policy Office, NSC Alliance, Washington, DC
Information about the session and the broader program is available from the conference website at https://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/spnhc2015/home/.
iDigBio @ SPNHC 2015
Be sure to check out all of the iDigBio events at SPNHC 2015:
SPNHC Plenary Session
- Log in on Tue (8 AM EDT) to listen: http://idigbio.adobeconnect.com/spnhc2015
Specimens Full Circle: Collection to Digitization to Data Use Workshop
- Log in Wed (830 AM EDT) and Thu (830 AM EDT) to listen: http://idigbio.adobeconnect.com/spnhc2015sfc
iDigBio Small Collections Network Workshop
- Log in Thu (8 AM EDT) to listen: http://idigbio.adobeconnect.com/scnet
SPNHC DEMO Camp (sponsored by iDigBio)
- Log in on Thu (1:30 pm EDT) to listen: http://idigbio.adobeconnect.com/democamp2015
- Special Interest Group "TCN Coffee Klatch"
and... come visit us in the iDigBio Booth to learn more about
- More than 28,000,000 specimens and lots of images too!
- Job Opportunities
- Find out more about WeDigBio
- Discover how you can help the GBIF Task Force on Accelerating the Discovery of Biodiversity Collections Data
- What's coming up next at iDigBio and give us your input and feedback for the future of our collections!