The JRS Biodiversity Foundation is hiring a Foundation Program Manager to manage vital elements of the foundation’s administration and grantmaking programs. The JRS Biodiversity Foundation’s mission is to increase access to and use of information that will lead to biodiversity conservation and sustainable development in sub-Saharan Africa. We are the only funder focused on improving access to biodiversity data and on the information technologies (IT) behind conservation decisions. With assets of $45M, we invest about $2.5M per year in eight to ten, multi-year grants.
Perfect Job for a Professional Seeking a Unique Opportunity in Biodiversity Conservation
The Foundation Program Manager is a dual role that combines technical areas of grantmaking, grants management, and evaluation with operational areas of administration, finance, and governance. This role is a unique chance for a professional to learn about and to contribute to every aspect of a small, high-performing strategic philanthropy. The Program Manager will report to and work in close partnership with, the Executive Director in the foundation’s Seattle office.
Experience and high levels of interest in most or all of these areas of Qualifications will make for a great fit:
- Financial management or strategic communications.
- Project management in international development, research, or the private sector.
- Grantmaking, program evaluation, or operations in strategic philanthropy.
- A degree related to environmental science that preferably includes knowledge of data science and biodiversity informatics.
- Experience with staffing or managing projects in sub-Saharan Africa.
- M.A. or Ph.D. in fields related to JRS’ operations and strategy.
- 3-5 years of post-university work or education experience.
- Significantly meet 3 of the 5 experience Qualifications above.
- Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the US.