The National Center for Digitization of Biodiversity Collections (iDigBio), centered at the Florida Museum of Natural History is searching for a Conference/Event Manager.
For more information and to apply, please visit: http://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/cw/en-us/job/512018/idigbio-conference-manager
Specific duties include:
- Work closely with, assist, and take a leadership role with the iDigBio Project Manager and Project Director for project administration, including preparing and submitting quarterly and annual progress reports to NSF and others; developing and disseminating information relevant to digitization and project progress via emails, newsletters, and social networks to the scientific community and users of biological collections data (announcements, news items, and information on related national and international projects), developing and maintaining lines of communication at various levels, including providing information as requested by users of biological collections data and referrals to experts working in various offices of ADBC, and interacting with media seeking information and testimony on project goals and progress.
- Ensure conference, workshop, and webinar summaries and statistics are included in annual and periodic reports. Create, edit, produce, and distribute iDigBio newsletter in collaboration with Education, Outreach, and Diversity Coordinator and other iDigBio staff, delegating as needed.
- Assist with web content, as needed, including creating articles and calendar events, editing web content created by others, manage workshop summary page and other pages.
- Collaborate with the iDigBio Project Manager and Project Director to provide leadership, planning, delivery, and oversight for the annual Digital Data in Biodiversity Research Conference and annual iDigBio Summit, including leading conference planning teams, coordinating and overseeing conference content and activities, serving as onsite conference coordinator, providing leadership for conference planning teams, negotiating hotel and venue contracts, administering and overseeing online conference registration, participating in the selection of conference content and agenda development, developing and coordinating conference wikis, negotiating conference support services (A/V, food, poster displays, etc.), working with iDigBio Project Assistant to ensure timely booking of travel arrangements for keynote/plenary speakers and special guests, and producing post-conference reports.
- Organize, plan, and deliver digitization workshops, including presenting workshop proposals, including budget model, to the iDigBio Steering Committee, establishing and leading workshop planning teams, arranging and attending workshop planning team meetings, determining and securing workshop locations, overseeing workshop advertising, liaising with venue personnel to ensure appropriate facilities, leading content development, overseeing logistics, establishing workshop budgets, accepting/declining applicants, ensuring the availability of workshop web content (to include workshop wiki, calendar entry, workshop summary page), ensuring the availability of catering and audio visual services, providing on-site leadership, interacting with attendees, and working with the iDigBio Project Assistant to produce a post-workshop blog and report for the iDigBio website.
- Provide assistance during conferences at the iDigBio information booth, informing visitors about iDigBio, answering questions, engaging visitors with iDigBio materials (portal, research, LOL cards, etc.), informing others about digitization and natural history through presentations, and serving on the Education, Outreach, and Diversity Working Group.