The Botanical Society of America is happy to offer several awards including normal travel and conference expenses for the Botany 2022 Conference in Anchorage, Alaska (July 23-27). These travel awards are designed for faculty at 2-Year Colleges, Community Colleges, Tribal Colleges, HSI-HE and HBCU institutions. This is an exciting opportunity to attend an international botanical conference of six scientific societies and to share pedagogical and research ideas, as well as interact with 1000+ plant scientists from across the globe.
What is the Inclusive Teaching Initiative?
The Inclusive Teaching Initiative brings together faculty from minority-serving institutions with educators, researchers, and professional botanists to participate in programming and share experiences with evidence-based teaching and inclusive mentoring.
- Travel costs
- A room at the conference hotel
- Conference registration
- A $500 stipend
Faculty accepted for this award will be able to participate in the regular conference activities, including attending symposia, contributed papers, and presenting posters if desired. Special programming of interest include:
- July 24 Pedagogy Workshop - “Broadening Botanical Pathways in Teaching: Planting Inquiry in Undergraduate Science Classes”
- July 25 Education and DEAI Research Talks - “Creating an Inclusive Experience in the Classroom and Across the Discipline”
- July 25 Networking Event - “Making Connections: Networking across the botanical community”
Who is eligible?
Applications from science faculty at the following minority-serving institutions will be accepted:
- Community Colleges
- Tribal Colleges and Universities
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- Hispanic Serving Institutions
- other Minority-Serving Institutions
Please note: We are not able to fund non-US citizens for this opportunity due to the funding source.
How do I apply?
To apply, fill out this short webform by May 25, 2022. Questions may be directed to Sarah Sims, the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Program Coordinator for the Botanical Society of America at email@example.com.