Speakers: Curtis Dyreson, Ben Brandt, and Will Pearse
Date: Wednesday 5/9/2018
Time: 12:00pm-1:00pm Eastern Time
Curtis Dyreson, Ben Brandt, and Will Pearse will review the major goals for the Symbiota2 software project.
1) Provide RESTful web services so that data can be easily incorporated into a scientific workflow,
2) Build a plugin architecture to ease the development of new features,
3) Create a database abstraction layer to include a wide variety of backend database management systems,
4) Increase data utility by supporting analytical and visualization tools,
5) Separate the Graphical User Interface (GUI) from other processing so that new GUIs can be used, and
6) Enhance the data collection by making it easier to add new kinds of data and work offline.
All meetings will be recording and posted on https://www.idigbio.org/wiki/index.php/SWG_Webinar_Series or https://www.idigbio.org/wiki/index.php/Symbiota_Working_Group
To attend the meeting, login at http://idigbio.adobeconnect.com/room/, select “Enter as guest,” enter your full name, and click Enter room. Please enter the room 15 minutes before the meeting to test your mic and cam, then you can come back at the start of the meeting. Please use a headset if you want to talk unless you know for sure your non-headset mic works without causing reverberations, and please make sure you are muted when not talking.
If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
Test your connection: https://admin.acrobat.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
Get a quick Adobe Connect overview: http://www.adobe.com/products/adobeconnect.html