In a first for the Society for the Preservation of Natural History Collections (SPNHC) and Biodiversity Information Standards (TDWG), these two organizations agreed to hold their 2018 conferences jointly. The 2018 meeting is in Dunedin, New Zealand from August 25-September 2, 2018.
SPNHC+TDWG2018 Theme: Collections & Data in an Unstable World
In iDigBio's efforts to engage stakeholders worldwide in using collections data in scientific research, this meeting provides a unique opportunity to reach two organizations simultaneously, who are key to this mission. SPNHC provides a planet-wide platform for collections care best practices and collections professional development. BIS (TDWG) is the relevant biodiversity information standards group seeking to provide data standards we need to share collections data as well as guidance about the needs for our data-sharing infrastructure.
Read more about it: http://otagomuseum.nz/blog/dunedin-set-to-welcome-2018-spnhc-conference/
Link to the complete Conference Program
The Otago Museum, in partnership with the University of Otago, has been successful in its bid to host the inaugural 2018 conference for the Society of the Preservation of Natural History Collections (SPNHC) together with the Taxonomic Database Working Group (TDWG).
- Stay tuned for announcements and updates at TDWG and SPNHC and of course, here at iDigBio.
- Visit here for a list of digitization related presentations at the conferences.
- Symposium Wiki: Completing the Data Pipeline: Collections Data Use in Research, Education and Outreach
- Symposium Wiki: Challenges Implementing Collections Data Quality Feedback: synthesizing the community experience
- Materials Share Fair Information and sign up form.