The Specify Software Project is establishing a series of weekly helpcast sessions using Adobe Connect, aimed at providing practical tips and suggestions for using Specify for specimen data computerization.
The first Specify helpcast session is scheduled for next Friday, October 3, 2014, at 11 AM U.S. Central Time, 12 PM ET, 10 AM Mountain, 9 AM Pacific. The session will be 30 minutes long with a 15 minute screencast presentation followed by 15 minutes of Q&A and discussion.
Topics for session One are:
- What is a Collection Object and which data are associated with it?
- The Specify workspace window, left side menu, window tabs and tabbing options
- Understanding and opening a Collection Object data form
Session participation is through a web browser connecting to our Adobe Connect video server. We have had best experience with Firefox browser, but the others may work fine for you.
The URL link to the session is: http://desktopconnect.ku.edu/specify/
- Enter as “Guest” and then add your name to the login screen.
- For the 15 minute presentation we will mute remote audio and video, but then open up the audio for questions, feedback and discussion.
- We will record the presentation for later viewing, with archived videos linked from the Specify Software web site (www.specifysoftware.org).
- A primer for using Adobe Connect software is available here: http://technology.ku.edu/desktopconnect/participating