The FOSSIL Project and iDigBio are sponsoring a three-day workshop focusing on imaging and digitization for amateur paleontologists on July 18-20, 2019
The goals for the Imaging and Digitization for Amateurs Workshop are:
- Educate participants on camera operation and best practices for image capture and image file curation on a small budget.
- Educate and increase participants’ knowledge of the importance of digitization including specimen vouchering and sharing of data.
- Create hands-on imaging tutorials with participants to share with the myFOSSIL community and their own fossil clubs.
- Educating participants with image upload features of the myFOSSIL e-museum, uploading a minimum of 10 specimens to the myFOSSIL e-museum while at the workshop.
- Inspire participants to return to their home organizations or groups and run their own imaging and digitization workshop with their members to continue spreading the knowledge gained at this workshop.
- See an increase of 100 specimens uploaded to the myFOSSIL e-museum by end of the year, 2019.