The 2013 Biodiversity Information Standards (TDWG) Annual Conference is October 27 - November 1, 2013 at the Grand Hotel Mediterraneo, Florence, Italy. The conference theme is "Virtual Communities for Biodiversity Science."
The upcoming 2013 TDWG Conference symposia cover a wide range of timely topics in the bioinformatics standards community including: biodiversity data quality, interoperability, collaboration for sustainability, phylogenetic data re-use, big data, darwin core standards documentation, standards for biodiversity data, implementing crowd sourcing, semantics for biodiversity (technologies, reasoning, annotation, formal models, ontologies, interoperability with genomics and environmental semantics), darwin core archives issues and development, names-based architecture, biodiversity vocabulary management, darwin core dna and tissue standards, and challenges of data publishing in biodiversity.
iDigBio is pleased to be convening two of the Symposia and participating in several others:
Empowering International e-Collaboration for Sustainability - keynote Eric Meyer - conveners: Deborah Paul (iDigBio), Gail Kampmeier (INHS) and Reed Beaman (iDigBio)
- How can we all work together with the standards community? What are best practices? We need to collaborate, so what are the secrets that make it work? What are the pitfalls?
- Success in broadening participation and engagement in digitization - Deborah Paul
- Minimum Information Standards for Biological Collections: Beyond Darwin Core - conveners: Greg Riccardi (iDigBio)
iDigBio's Public Participation in Digitization Management System - Austin Mast, Elizabeth Ellwood, Robert Bruhn, Greg Riccardi
- Symposium: Building and maintaining crowd-sourcing Websites and their Communities - convener: Paul Flemons
- Integrated Digitized Biocollections (iDigBio) Cyberinfrastructure Status and Futures - Andréa Matsunaga, Renato Figueiredo, Alex Thompson (presenter), Gregory Traub, Reed Beaman, José A. B. Fortes
- An iDigBio perspective on Darwin Core Archives - Alexander Thompson (presenter), Jose Fortes, Andrea Matsunaga
- iDigBio Data Integration with Self-Referential Schemas - Sarfaraz Ahmed Soomro, Andrea Matsunaga, José A. B. Fortes
For more information about TDWG please visit the TDWG website.