iDigBio uses Zoom to provide virtual participation in iDigBio events, including meetings, workshops, webinars, and symposia.
In order to meet NSF expectations to offer services indiscriminately to all biodiversity collections professionals, iDigBio endeavors to provide video streaming and/or recording of its events, including, but not limited to, workshops, webinars, conferences, and symposia. iDigBio also prefers that online event speakers grant permission to be recorded and to post a copy of the recording of their presentation on the IDigBio conference website for asynchronous viewing by registered participants.
- By registering for an iDigBio online event, you accept that all or part of its proceedings may be recorded and posted on the conference agenda for asynchronous viewing.
- By attending iDigBio’s online events, you accept that the event will be recorded and posted for later asynchronous viewing.
- Join the meeting early. Give yourself time to get connected.
- If you join after the meeting has started, wait for the host to ask who joined to prevent potential interruption of the speaker.
- Mute yourself when you are not speaking.
- Speak clearly and concisely.
- Silence your mobile devices.
- Limit background noise.
- Be a good listener – minimize distractions, don’t multitask, etc.
- Behave as you would in a face-to-face meeting – be courteous, don’t interrupt, watch your body language, etc.
Having a Good Experience
- Find a quiet location with a strong internet connection.
- Learn how to operate your system’s microphone, speakers, and camera before connecting.
- Use a headset, headphones, or earbuds for good audio quality and minimal reverberation.
Tips for Meeting Organizers
- Be prepared!
- Send event invitations and reminders and include a link to this wiki page to ensure your participants are ready.
- Don’t forget to start the recording, if desired.
- Use End Meeting to close the meeting.