Participant Related Projects
Projects of Various Participants with Relevance to the Hackathon
Participants Chris Dell and Bryan Heidorn are associated with the Tolkin Project
Participant Daryl Lafferty is the developer on this project, Semi-Automated Label Information Extraction System. SALIX software and overview of features and function SALIX, the Semi-automatic Label Information Extraction system. Online pdf describing the software.
Participant Bryan Heidorn and iDigBio staff member Reed Beaman are part of the Read more about this endeavor at http://biscicol.blogspot.com/ From their website:
BiSciCol (Biological Science Collections) Tracker is a funded NSF collaborative project with the goal of building an infrastructure designed to tag and track scientific collections and all of their derivatives.
From the Page
Hackathon participant, Ben Brumfield's consulting organization is From The Page. Check out teh blog at FromThePage.com for more about Ben's experience with developing user interfaces for transcription, and OCR, ...
- DarwinCore Parser
- (Node.js) (SilverBiology) very very new and developing this for the OCR meeting and some internal projects. https://github.com/silverbiology/dwc-parser
- Will be used to send OCR as text and:
- Get Dates from blob of text with ratings
- Get Lat/Lng in various formats
- Wrapper for GlobalNames and GBIF Checklist Bank for Name Recognition
- Higher Taxa lookup from GBIF Checklist Bank
- Wrapper for Python Lat/Lng format converter
- Type status detection
- Experimental: Using geos and GDAM for higher geography lookup and potential any shapefile lookup like Ecological data.
- more stuff.... looking for help...
The Apiary Project
Find out more about Apiary at http://www.apiaryproject.org
Biodiversity Heritage Library
For an introduction to this project see: http://biodiversitylibrary.org
Back to the 2013 AOCR Hackathon Wiki