MorphoSource oVert Demo
Hands-on demonstration of issues related to DOIs, iDigBio integration, etc
In preparation for some of the MorphoSource related stuff, it might be useful to bring a couple of ct scan datasets as tiff stacks. Specifically have the following ready:
- CT tiff/dicom/jpeg/bmp stacks
- Metadata files for those stacks generated by the scanner
- Any surface files derived from those datasets you might want to post in ply, stl or obj format
- (optional) gray scale preview images of surfaces with (preferably) white background in tiff or jpeg format
- (optional) more advanced segmentation/rendering software (Avizo, Mimics, VgStudioMax, Dragonfly, etc.)
- How/when do DOI’s get assigned?
- Why assign DOI’s?
- What gets a DOI in Morphosource? Why don’t projects or specimens get DOI’s?
Adding new specimens
- Finding specimens on the iDigBio portal (tips and issues related to API limitations)
- Procedure for replacing incorrect specimen numbers on media post hoc
Adding Derivative data on existing scans
- Mechanisms for adding derivative data for project members
- Mechanisms for adding derivative data for external members
- Credit amplification
Managing large projects and datasets
- Zip file best practices
- Batch uploading and uploading large files (SFTP and batch upload sheet).
- Batch editing (entity viewer demo)
- Coordinating and tracking work by multiple project members (entity viewer demo)
How to cite MorphoSource data
- Purpose of citation (transparency in data identity and source, effort credit/ownership, grant progress)
- Key citation fields that should always be filled in/reported
- Work on metadata reporting and format standards
- IPT development for iDigBio (key fields and vocabularies)
- Workflows for other kinds of data