Marine Invertebrate Digitization Workshop 2019
|DigIn: Marine Invertebrate Digitization Workshop 2018|
When: 4-5 February 2019
Where: iDigBio, Gainesville, Florida
- Directions Google Map Link: https://goo.gl/maps/Q4DMRDP2MRT2 from hotel to Dickinson Hall
Workshop Development In Progress
In this 2 day workshop, collection personnel from all major and most medium-sized IZ collections in the US will share information about their collections and curatorial and digitization workflows. Participants will discuss best practices and consider ways to improve on existing methods to improve efficiency and speed of data mobilization. These will include discussing citizen-enabled data capture such as Notes from Nature, handling labels in fluid collections, imaging methods, assembling, sharing, and digitization of station data from major expeditions, etc. We will also discuss standardizing nomenclature through the World Register of Marine Species (WoRMS), linking tissue collections through Global Genome Biodiversity Network (GGBN), and DNA sequence/barcode data through Barcode of Life Data System (BOLD).
- Logistics for Workshop (pdf) In this document you will find information about:
- hotel location: Holiday Inn University Center, Gainesville, FL
- Workshop Location information
- hotel-airport shuttle information
- workshop links for uploading talks, connecting to wifi, etc
Taking group notes together.