2013 Hackathon Logistics
- 1 AOCR - BRIT Hackathon Logistics
- 1.1 Feb 13th - 14th, 2013
- 1.2 Hackathon Agenda
- 1.3 Remote Participation
- 1.3.1 Contact for Questions or Problems
- 1.3.2 Travel to Fort Worth, TX
- 1.3.3 Shuttle from DFW Airport to the Hotel
- 1.3.4 Hotel and Hackathon Locations
- 1.3.5 Hotel Check-in
- 1.3.6 Hackathon Check-in
- 1.3.7 Meals and Other Activities
- 1.3.8 Shuttle at Hotel
- 1.3.9 Reimbursement Procedures
- 1.3.10 Shuttle to the DFW Airport
AOCR - BRIT Hackathon Logistics
Feb 13th - 14th, 2013
Hosts: The Botanical Research Institute of Texas (BRIT) and the iDIgBio Augmenting OCR Working Group, supported by iDigBio, the National Resource (Home Uniting Biocollections, or HUB, at the University of Florida and Florida State University) for Advancing Digitization of Biodiversity Collections (ADBC)
- iDigBio iDigBio Augmenting OCR Adobe Connect Meeting Room Please connect 15 to 20 minutes before the session you would like to hear -- to learn how the software works.
Contact for Questions or Problems
If you encounter logistical issues prior to or upon your arrival in Fort Worth and require assistance, we encourage you to contact Deborah Paul at 850-510-7809, Jason Best at, Amanda Neill at, Sean Murphy at, Project Assistant Cathy Bester at 352-294-1949, Project Manager David Jennings at 352-273-1906, or IT Expert Kevin Love at 352-294-1924.
Travel to Fort Worth, TX
Your travel arrangements have been coordinated and finalized by Cathy Bester; you should have already received all travel details in a separate email. If you have any remaining travel questions, please contact Cathy at email@example.com If you experience any travel snafus, please notify Cathy as soon as possible at 352-294-1949 or via email.
Shuttle from DFW Airport to the Hotel
- Stay tuned. Once everyone's travel arrangements are made, plans are in place to arrange shuttle service from DFW to the hotel: Hilton Garden Inn Fort Worth Medical Center 912 Northton Street Fort Worth, TX 76104, Phone: (817) 744-8515 Fax: (817) 921-0799
- If you arriving at a time when there is no shuttle arranged, suggestions will be provided here for what transportation services to use. Travel time from DFW to the hotel is 30 minutes in no traffic. For any other transportation utilized (not arranged by us), please be sure to save your receipts if you are being reimbursed for travel expenses.
Hotel and Hackathon Locations
Hotel Address: Hilton Garden Inn Fort Worth Medical Center 912 Northton Street Fort Worth, TX 76104 Hotel Phone Number: 817-744-8515
Hackathon Location & Host: Botanical Research Institute of Texas (BRIT) 1700 University Drive Fort Worth, Texas 76107-3400 The distance is 1.3 miles from the Hotel to BRIT. Google Map
- A block of rooms have been reserved for Workshop participants, and participant names have been provided to the hotel. Please notify the hotel that you are part of the iDigBio AOCR - BRIT Hackathon upon check-in to verify that you are receiving a room from this block.
- Hotel website: Hilton Garden Inn Ft Worth Med Ctr
- Hotel phone: 817-921-0788
Hackathon materials will be (including a printed agenda, name tag, and wireless Id) distributed as participants arrive at the hackathon location on February 13th. Power for laptops, wired access for laptops and wireless access will be provided for all participants. Please plan to arrive by 8:45 am on Wednesday for check-in to enable a prompt start time at 9:00 am.
Meals and Other Activities
- An impromptu dinner will be arranged for those arriving in time on Tuesday evening before the hackathon.
- Breakfast is on your own in the hotel, or at a place near by.
- A light breakfast snack, lunch and afternoon snack will be provided at BRIT on both Wednesday and Thursday by Jason's Deli. Vegetarian options will be available.
- Group Dinner on Wednesday night at Riscky's in the Stockyard District in Fort Worth.
- Transportation will be provided, probably a shuttle from the hotel (to be arranged).
- Dinner is on your own on Thursday night.
For those receiving a per diem for meals, it will be paid for all meals not included as workshop functions; there is no need to retain receipts for these per diem meals.
Shuttle at Hotel
The Hilton Garden Inn Fort Worth Medical Center 912 Northton Street Fort Worth provides shuttle service every 30 minutes at no charge to guests to locations within 5 miles of the hotel. Make arrangements with the front desk.
Any meals not provided as workshop functions will be reimbursed at the state per diem rate (Breakfast $6, Lunch $11, Dinner $19), no receipts are needed. Taxi fares, parking fees, and baggage fees may qualify for reimbursement – please retain your original receipts. Project Assistant Cathy Bester will send out an email to workshop participants with details on reimbursement procedures during the week following the workshop. If you have any questions, please contact Cathy at 352-294-1949.
Shuttle to the DFW Airport
Once all travel arrangements have been made, shuttles may be arranged for groups to go to DFW together. Other options will be offered and ride-sharing is encouraged.