2013 AOCR Hackathon Wiki
Welcome to the 2013 iDigBio AOCR Hackathon Wiki
- Short URL to this hackathon wiki http://tinyurl.com/aocrhackathonwiki
- Those participating in the first iDigBio AOCR Hackathon need an iDigBio account.
- Note: This wiki page undergoing frequent updates and some participants have wiki edit permissions and will add to / update / edit these pages before, during and after the hackathon.
Links to Logistics, Communication, and Participant Information
- Participant List
- Call for Participation
- Application Form*
- Travel, Food, Lodging, Connectivity Logistics
- 2013 Hackathon Listserv, a mailing list for Hackathon Participants at firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview of the Challenge
- 2013 iDigBio AOCR Hackathon Challenge
link to explanations and examples of the 3 data sets
set 1: LBCC label images set 2: NYBG and BRIT label images set 3: CalBug ENT label images
link to page summarizing the rules we followed to transcribe the gold set (and others)
Known OCR, ML, NLP Issues and challenges
Human-in-the-loop: User Interface Wish List
*Thank you NESCent, Hilmar Lapp and the HIP working group for this model.