Using Biodiversity Data Best Practices
Formulate a set of best practices for users of biodiversity data that would maintain licensing and attribution throughout the data usage and publishing lifecycle.
Create a document based on best practices culled from leaders in the biodiversity, library sciences, and archiving communities.
- Reed Beaman
- David Bloom
- Joanna McCaffrey
Draft of Ideas
- maintain GUID and licensing information from the provider, and intervening aggregators
- associate a value-added dataset with its GUID, e.g., DOI, ARK
- preserve annotations, and publish them back to the providers (ambiguous)
- publish to a long-term repository of citations documenting use of datasets, e.g., Dryad
- ref: NEON for best practices