GWG notes 11 June 2013

From iDigBio
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting Notes 11 June 2013

Topics (not limited to):

  1. Agenda page and Logistics Page V0 done:
    1. Agenda TTT2
    2. Logistics TTT#2
  2. Deb made a template version in photoshop so that others can edit as needed for their videos.
  3. Feedback on videos.
    1. Una says she is using them (and others).
    2. Deb compared to some others out there -- these are clearly better.
    3. Nelson's videos are done.
    4. David's almost done.
    5. John will manage to get his finished.
      1. Deb offered to help if need be.
  4. Preparing for a workshop" - will send today to group for review / edit.
    1. Una (and Carol) have looked at it.
  5. Pre-workshop survey sent (deadline was yesterday, June 10).
    1. Sent Shari email to ask how many responded and if we need to re-send.
    2. pre-workshop survey results review on what date? early June?.
    3. re-design agenda based on results (if needed).
  6. Date to send out pre-reading / video material list?
  7. Instructors - at this point
    1. David Bloom
    2. Nelson Rios
    3. Una Farrell
    4. Jessica Utrup
    5. Debbie Paul
    6. Nelson Rios' FishNET2 employee (at UF) for workflow overview and help with collaborative Georeferencing exercises.
  8. Who will cover what?
    1. David is creating a v1 Agenda to send to all for review.
      1. Some conversations about workshop content (who will cover what).
  9. June 1st deadline for all participants so airfares can be booked.
  10. July 1st, all airfares booked.
  11. July 11th, last day to finalize room count at hotel for guaranteed rate.
  12. workshop dates: August 12 - 16th
  13. Travel dates: August 11 / August 17th.
  14. Anyone wanting to come earlier or later to do research in the collections needs to coordinate this with travel (Cathy Bester) and will have to pay for the extra hotel nights themselves.
  15. Would you like me to check and see if we can offer an evening museum tour, or evening time in the collections, or other group event (besides foooood) ?
  16. What about workshop length and thinking to have either Monday or Friday be a half-day? (more time for working on your own dataset/s).
  17. Plan is to have a pre-meeting with as many participants as can make it -- via Adobe Connect.
  18. T-shirt request: idea is to send link to participants to look at -- they can RSVP if they want one.
    1. Jessica will help Deb with design.

Back to