GWG notes 11 February 2014
- Attendees: Mary Barkworth, Nelson Rios, Reed Beaman, Una Farrell, Deb Paul, Ben Frable, David Bloom
- Your FEEDBack for georeferencing.org Goal: a curated high-value resource (not "catch-all")
- Check for links that don't work, or just not worth it, or are missing (and need to be added).
- Note any design issues
- photos (georeferencing in action) needed
- known that Geolocate information / links need adding (Nelson)
- Google Calendar there will be a community resource for georef workshops
- Some limited users will have update / edit permissions - group to be adjusted as needed.
- Site: currently lives on the KU server
- Feedback: send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org before February
- Locality Service Requirements document.
- First rough draft written. Those involved with V0 are reviewing some comments.
- Thank you Nelson, Una, John, David, and Jess (who is very busy acquainting Amelia Mary with planet Earth and all that that entails)...
- Have a look here - please insert comments (anyone with link can edit) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ItqXyrCKgIjPbbDXEdXwHH5AeT_01Ir-fY_ESAzre-g/edit?usp=sharing
- Conversation about Locality Service document. Reed, Nelson, David, John, (others) to review and add content to answer the questions at the bottom of the document for the next meeting.
- Nelson: Suggestion: Integrate existing data, then build combined gazetteer. Build the plumbing - to populate these gazetteers.
- Reed: As a new proposal - would need to be innovative in resolving the streams of data that exist in the community. (analogous perhaps to FilteredPUSH). Mary B. & Reed B. Collectors like to fix / improve their own data.
- Feedback to David about georeferencing.org as we have it.
- Videos on Vimeo: each needs paragraph synopsis: appropriate (intended) audience, description of video (recorded as part of a workshop OR produced separately), Kevin says this is possible. We can also order them as we like -- and need to give Kevin feedback on order (or get permission to order these ourselves).
- Next meeting: 11 March 2014 130PM EST.