Darwin Core is an internationally recognised biodiversity informatics data standard that simplifies the publication of biodiversity data.
Darwin Core Archive - the package of files that are created by the IPT process, or custom built by the user. The typical file set, as seen by iDigbio, is
- information about the dataset/recordset, owners, responsible parties, description of the data, etc.
- the list of Darwin Core metadata fields that are included in occurrence.txt.
- the specimen data records.
If multimedia (e.g., images) are being included with the specimen data, then these two extension files
- the Audubon Core data records that go with each multimedia file.
- these records come from defining the resource relationship section of the IPT dialog, and are a mapping of the multimedia to the occurrence.txt records.
are part of the package also.
Pages in category "DwC-A"
This category contains only the following page.