University of South Carolina, Andrew Charles Moore Herbarium
The A. C. Moore Herbarium is an important part of the Department of Biological Sciences at the University of South Carolina (Columbia Campus). Founded in 1907 by Dr. Andrew Charles Moore, the original collection of dried plant specimens is now part of an ever growing collection. Total holdings are just over 100,000 specimens, making the A. C. Moore Herbarium the largest in the state of South Carolina. Researchers & visitors will find a diverse collection of vascular and nonvascular plant material primarily from the Southeastern United States and more specifically from South Carolina. The phycological collection is estimated to contain 2,000 specimens. Now over 100 years old, the A. C. Moore Herbarium continues to be an indispensable resource for botanical knowledge. Researchers and visitors are welcome; please contact Dr. John Nelson, Curator.
|Name||John B. Nelson, Curator|
- Data Corrected
- Data Use