Towson University Biodiversity Center
The herbarium (BALT) was formally organized in 1967 under the directorship of Dr. Mary Castelli. Two years following its establishment, Dr. Donald Windler joined the faculty and became the curator of the collection. Following the retirement of Dr. Windler (in 2003), Dr. Roberts assumed the directorship of the collections. During Dr. Windlers tenure, the collection grew extensively. The core collection is built around a donation of specimens from the Maryland Natural History Society. The donation includes specimens from as early as 1864 and represents historic records of species distribution in Maryland and the mid-Atlantic region.
|Name||Roland Roberts, Director of the Herbarium|
- Data Corrected
- Data Use