Join iDigBio and panelists from the community in a moderated conversation about sustaining digitization and data mobilization activities in biodiversity collections beyond initial grant funding. Panelists will discuss strategies for integrating digitization into an institution’s ongoing activities and budget, including what metrics they see as valuable for gaining internal support. Panelists will also consider impediments to sustaining digitization.
Our panelists for this discussion are...
- Jennifer Thomas, Associate Collection Manager of Entomology at the University of Kansas Biodiversity Institute & Natural History Museum
- Jenn Yost, Associate Professor and Director of the Robert F. Hoover Herbarium at California Polytechnic State University
- Norine Yeung, Malacology Curator at the Bishop Museum
- Peter Oboyski, Executive Director of the Essig Museum of Entomology at University of California Berkeley
- Teresa Mayfield-Meyer, biodiversity collection & data management at Arctos
A recording of this webinar can be viewed here.
Thursday, April 15, 2021 - 2:00pm to 3:00pm EDT
Remote Connection URL:
By attending iDigBio’s online events, you accept that the event will be recorded and posted for later asynchronous viewing.