iDigBio is excited to be in person at the 2022 annual meeting of the Society for the Preservation of Natural History Collections (SPNHC). This meeting will be held in conjunction with International Partner – BHL (Biodiversity Heritage Library) and National Partner – NatSCA (Natural Sciences Collections Association), and will take place in Edinburgh, Scotland, UK.
In support of the conference theme, “Through the door and through the web: releasing the power of natural history collections onsite and online,” iDigBio staff are co-organzing a number of activities at SPNHC 2022, including:
- a symposium on Mobilizing specimens for fact-based conservation in the face of a global biodiversity crisis, in partnership with the SPNHC Biodiversity Crisis Committee
- a DemoCamp symposium to showcase technical resources relevant to the SPNHC community, in partnership with Jason Best
- a half-day workshop for Capturing community expertise: A SPNHC wiki edit-a-thon, in partnership with the SPNHC Best Practices Committee
- a Data Help Desk in the conference exhibitor hall
- the second ever Natural History Education DemoCamp, in partnership with the SPNHC Education Committee
You can see more details about this event on the conference website here.