Planning is currently underway for 2021 and a date will be scheduled in the near future.
A brief agenda from 2020's planned event can be found below.
Confirmed Decade of Digitization Speakers, Wednesday, 23 September:
Conference location: The Westin Alexandria Old Town Alexandria, Virginia
Booking information: A block of rooms has been reserved at the discounted rate of $159 USD per night. Book early to take advantage, space is limited. Offer expires August 21, 2020. Click here to book your group rate for Biodiversity Summit 2020.
For more information about visiting Alexandria including additional lodging options, getting around, restaurants, etc. visit https://www.visitalexandriava.com/.
International attendees: Please visit the U.S. Deprtment of State's website on obtaining a visa for more information abou the application process: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas.html
There are ten broad themes for the conference. Please be prepared to select the theme that best fits your abstract. Conference organizers will make every effort to accommodate your preferred theme. In cases where logistics make this impossible, we will strive to place your presentation into the most appropriate alternative.
1. Digitization, data mobilization, and use
2. Advances in digitization protocols, techniques, and tools
3. Uses of biodiversity data in education and outreach
4. Impacts of data science on biodiversity informatics
5. Big data and the biodiversity sciences
6. Human diversity and inclusion in the biodiversity sciences
7. Tools and techniques for data analysis and visualization
8. The future of biodiversity informatics
9. Broadening international collaboration
10. Advances in biodiversity data standards
Code of Conduct
iDigBio, GBIF, NMNH and TDWG value the diversity of views, expertise, opinions, backgrounds, and experiences reflected among our partners and the broader biodiversity sciences community. Biodiversity Summit 2020 is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all conference participants. Participants will be expected to follow iDigBio’s Code of Conduct.